After the seventh Board meeting at the German Heidelberg Institute in Skopje, as a practice of regular coordination between the President, Prof. Dr. Ulrich Zeitel and our board members: Prof. Dr. Ronald Gleich, Head of the Controlling Department at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Dr. Brigitte Spielmann, director of „Welde“; and Prof. Dr. Mike Schulze, Vice Dean of CBS International Business School, Mainz, Germany,
an initiative was supported for a regional event “BALKAN BUSINESS WEEK”, which will be held from 7 – 11 JUNE 2021, in cooperation with the Academy of Banking and Information Technology | ABIT.
In every segment of action we face risks of a different kind. Successfully managing risks is one of the key factors for stable operation of any institution, regardless of size and scope of action.
Top experts will share their experience in managing and successfully dealing with the risks posed by the new pandemic.
All stakeholders in the financial and banking sectors will be able to hear success stories of risk management at a time when the world is facing a pandemic, which has imposed the need for a rapid restructuring of the way of working and living in general.
If you are part of the banking and financial sector, this event will contribute to increasing the horizons in relation to the changes caused by the Covid 19 crisis, macroeconomic risks, which is the future of Risk Management, also in the digital age. We are especially pleased if we have the honor if you take part in this event which will enrich it with your experience in the field.
“RISK MANAGEMENT IN COVID PERIOD – 1st RISK MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE”
Аt the event are invited to take part with their own speech:
- Dr. sc. Michael Faulend, Vice-governor of the Croatian National Bank;
- Ana Mitreska, MSc., Vice-Governor of the National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- Dr. Nikola Fabris, Vice-Governor of the Central Bank of Montenegro;
- Dr. Maja Stevkova Shterieva, President of the Macedonian banking Association & CFO at Komercijalna Banka AD Skopje;
- Blaz Brodnjak, CEO, NLB d.d. Management board (Slovenia);
- Prof. Dr. Ivan Shverko, Head of Risk Management at PBZ Invest (Croatia);
- Vladimir Davcev, MBA, Director of Risk department HALKBANK AD Skopje;
- Sanja Petrinić Turković, Executive Director, Prudential Regulation and Crisis Management Department, Croatian National Bank;
- Alvin Alicevic, Member of the management Board, Sparkasse Banka Makedonija AD Skopje;
- Milica Arnaudova Stojanovska, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- Petar Sekulic, Risk Director at OTP Bank Serbia AD Beograd;
- Dejan Stamatov, MBA, Chief Risk & Data Officer at Prodigy A.I. GmbH (Germany); Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Certified Expert in Risk; Management;
- Aleksa Lukić, CEO, ERSTE Bank AD Podgorica (Montenegro);
- Dejan Maljkovic, Head of Risk Control at Raiffeisen bank a.d., Beograd;
- Prof. Dr. Kemal Kozaric, Former Governor of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Central Bank;
- Vladimir Pajović, Member of Board, Sberbank AD Beograd (Serbia);
- Velimir Šonje, Managing Director and Founder at Arhivanalitika / Ekonomski Lab (Croatia);
- Katerina Boshevska, Managing Director at EOS Matrix Macedonia & Kosovo.
13:00 – 13:50 – PANEL 1
- MACROECONOMIC RISKS in 2021
13:50 – 14:40 – PANEL 2
- FUTURE OF BANK RISK MANAGEMENT – CRO VIEW & REGULATORY ASPECTS
A Conversation about Risk management in future: Integrating Risk Management with Business Strategy.
Our panel will discuss how the overall risk management function can assist with identifying, assessing and managing risks associated with the bank’s strategy. Also, we’ll talk about how strategic risk could impact risk appetite or tolerance levels, budget and capital planning and how to define specific goals and metrics for success.
14:45 – 15:00 – INSIGHT 1
- EUROPEAN RISK MANAGEMENT PRAXIS
Presentation of German (EU) risk management structure, competence and value-based risk management
15:00 – 15:15 – INSIGHT 2
- NPLs -PROPOSAL FOR A DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL ON CREDIT SERVICES AND CREDIT PURCHASERS
15:15 – 16:00 – PANEL 3
- RISK MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES IN COVID-19 period
A Conversation about Risk Management and its implementation into the companies, challenges and What companies may benefit of its implementation?
(second participant at the Conference of the same organization (company) gets a 50% discount. The third participant of the same organization (company) gets a gratis participation.)
Language of the Conference:
At the end of the conference each participant receives a Certificate of attendance. The conference will be held in English.